Friday, November 30, 2012

I love findmypast.co.uk

There are a whole lot of scans of old newspapers on there now - on 4 July 1891, my great-grandfather was mentioned in the Sheffield Independent, in a list of people fined various sums for infringements of the Education Act. The scoundrel. Although he had five school-age children at the time and two younger ones, and I'm sure they had more important things to do than go to school...

Hmm, and again on 19 March 1892. Really, don't these people have better things to do than prosecute truanting Pridmores?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That website looks totally dodgy. Ben !!!!!!!!!!! Call Max Clifford, you're in deep s**t.

Unknown said...

Hi Ben!,
I wanted to wish you well for the World Memory Championships! I'm sure you will have lot's of fun, as usual. I would love to know what you do to memorize all those binary numbers! Must be a cool technique. My language training is going well. I have about a 1000 journey locations, and have 200 Spanish and 350 French words memorized so far. I'm trying to get 4000 French words in 30 days, by doing 150 words a day. So far, so good! Also, love the new Dr. Who series this season! Time for another jelly baby?! Have fun at WMC!
Yours truly, Doc Savage